Clairsentience, the ability to intuit information through clear feeling, is the psychic gift that most people don’t even realize they have.
Everyone is born with the ability to intuit information in different ways. This is why kids (and even animals) perceive, understand and are able to create things that adults often can’t. Come adolescence, those abilities are often processed out of the psyche, influenced largely by friends or relatives that insist deep sensitivities make you weak, different, or at worst, “insane.”
The most commonly known type of psychic gift is clairvoyance, which is clear seeing. However, there are other ways to perceive info, such as clauraudience (clear hearing) or even claircognizance (clear knowing), the latter of which is often used in tandem with clairsentience.
Here’s how to know if you’re clairsentient:
1. You are very sensitive to your feelings. You have strong reactions to negative emotions, and always seem to overthink situations that other people don’t appear to be bothered by.
2. You are very selective about who you spend time with because there are only a handful of people who don’t make you feel drained, exhausted, or otherwise inexplicably uncomfortable.
3. You can perceive the true root of people’s problems immediately and clearly. People often call you their personal therapist or come to you for advice or help.
4. You are fascinated by things that are ancient or historical. When you visit places that have been inhabited for many years, you find yourself fascinated, because you’re feeling the layers and layers of energy that has been embedded there.
5. You have an extraordinary ability to empathize, to the point that you can even put yourself in the mindset of people whom you disagree with strongly, or who have hurt you in the past. In this, you can find true healing and compassion.
6. Even though you keep your inner circle small, you’re a social butterfly and can seem to charm just about anyone you meet. This is because you can perceive how they would best connect or resonate with you.
7. You have always struggled with your emotions in your life. You’ve had to learn how to not let your feelings totally engulf you because, at times, they do.
8. You become uncomfortable in cluttered, dark spaces, and always gravitate toward areas that are naturally bright and airy. This is because you can perceive the vibration in any given area, and understand that the darker and more crowded it is, the heavier the energy is.
9. You’re not only a deep feeler, but you are also a deep thinker. You are constantly theorizing about why things happen, and what their ultimate purpose could be.
10. You likely utilize claircognizance along with your clairsentience – once you’ve picked up on the feeling (vibration) of a person, place or situation, you also use clear thinking to discern what’s really happening or any important information that you need to know.
11. You understand that everyone and everything alive is inherently an energy field and that the way people control, process and use their energy creates their feeling state. Therefore, you are very careful about what you say, and what you do.
12. Sometimes, you’ll have strong feelings that are triggered by small, seemingly unimportant things. This means that you’re becoming aware of a trauma point that needs to be healed. Most people are able to just ignore those discomforts as they arise, but because you cannot, you are forced to heal them and learn from them.
13. You have an abundance of wisdom given your age. You know more about the world that you have intellectually processed – and that’s because you learn best by intuiting things.
14. You are somewhat ahead of your time in that you have understood quantum or spiritual concepts long before other people began to realize the significance and impact of them.
15. Growing up, you always knew that you were different. You had an active and vivid imagination and seemed to think and behave in a way that was sort of foreign to your peers and family.
16. If you are introverted, there is a good chance that it could be because you are actually a wounded extrovert. You are so sensitive to other people’s feelings, motivations and actions that you can often find yourself hurt enough that you realize it is important to have clear boundaries.
17. If you are extroverted, you are a highly sensitive extrovert. You can only be engaged with other people for so long, and you really thrive when you’re with a group of people who you know and trust best.
18. You have had unexplainable spiritual or religious experiences in your life, in which you were exposed to the truth about the universe and why we are alive in it.
19. You can intuit immediate judgments about people that almost always turn out to be correct.
20. You never trust what you are told, or what you see on the surface – you trust what you feel. This applies to everything from jobs to partners. You can read them in ways that they probably can’t even understand themselves.
21. You have very strong reactions whenever something is going wrong. This may make you think that you’re a perfectionist. However, you are also capable of experiencing bliss, joy and complete empowerment. This is all because you are so hyper-attuned to your emotional experience that you can take whatever is happening and run with it.
22. You can clearly perceive people’s true intentions. It is immediately apparent to you why people are behaving a certain way or if they have ulterior motives.
23. You understand that the pain you have felt in your life has been a gift. It has inspired and motivated you to expand, grow and become someone you never would have dreamed you could be. You do not condemn one feeling over another. You simply ask it: “What do you need to tell me?”
24. You feel a strong connection with energies and spirits that are nonphysical. This could manifest as a need to spend a lot of time in nature, or waking up in the middle of the night and sensing another presence in the room.
25. You feel a deep calling to help people. You can sense that people are suffering needlessly, and you feel that your life mission is, in some way, to help them become more self-aware, and transcend their pain.
Read more: thoughtcatalog.com